COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information is information about you that identifies you as an individual, for example, your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, Contact Us forms and the like. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services, information or to resolve complaints or concerns.
USE OF INFORMATION
Before forwarding us any personal information, please be advised that any information gathered on our Sites may be used in the aggregate for research and development relating to our Sites and/or for future site development and, if you ask us to, to send you promotional materials.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Sites (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, pages of our Sites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In particular, we may use information gathered about you for the following purposes:
- To monitor interest in our range of products and to assist us to tailor the content of our Sites to your needs by collecting information about your preferences through tracking of patterns in page views on our Sites
- To create a profile relating to you in order to show you the content that might be of interest to you and to display the content according to your preferences
- To, in circumstances where you have indicated that you wish to receive additional information, send you information about us and promotional material about our products together with details of any offers we may have available from time to time
PROMOTIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL OFFERS
With the permission of an online visitor, information submitted at the time of submission may be used for marketing and promotional purposes by the Company provided notice of this fact is made available online. If a visitor objects to such use for any reason, he/she may prevent that use, either by e-mail request or by following the unsubscribe link provided. The Company uses reasonable efforts to maintain visitors’ information in a secure environment. If you have submitted personal information and want to change it or opt-out, please contact us as described below.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The Company will not disclose personal information that you provide on its Sites to any third parties other than to a Company agent except:
- To comply with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, warrant, subpoena or court order
- If you are reporting an adverse event/side effect, in which case the Company may be required to disclose such information to bodies such as, but not limited to, Canadian and/or international regulatory authorities
The Company, in common with many website operators, may use a standard technology called “cookies” on its Sites. Cookies are small data files that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a particular website. You can disable cookies by turning them off in your browser; however, some areas of the Sites may not function properly if you do so.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN ONLINE
The Company considers the protection of children’s privacy, especially online, to be of the utmost importance. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
Our Commitment to Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. The Company applies security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, such as retaining information in secure facilities and making personal information accessible only to authorized employees on a need-to-know basis.
Storage of Information