What is ISO?
International Organization for Standards (ISO) is an elite 100 member organization. It's objective is to provide the development of worldwide standards for the improvement of operating procedures, efficiency, productivity, and reducing costs.
Why is ISO important?
There are 3 concepts to ISO 9001:2015 that make this program important and effective.
- Focus on processes. The ISO 9001:2015 standard is based on a typical business process: activities where inputs are converted into outputs. The process approach ensures that the relationships between requirements and elements are visible.
- Focus on customer satisfaction. ISO 9001:2015 recognizes that quality is more than doing what is required by the contract with the customer. Quality is based on both objective and subjective criteria. Customer satisfaction is introduced as a mandatory concept in ISO 9001:2015.
- Continuous improvement. ISO 9001:2015 is clearly based on the continuous improvement cycle: plan, do, check and act. There are specific requirements for gathering data (measurements), analysis of this data and improvement.
ISO 9001:2015 has very stringent requirements for a company to become certified. Here is an overview of the requirements to become certified.
Five Major Clauses Of ISO 9001:2015
- Quality Management System
- Management Responsibility
- Resource Management
- Product and/or Service Realization Management
- Measurement, Analysis and Improvement
Eight Quality Management Principles
- Customer focused organization
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationship
What does ISO 9001:2015 mean to us and our customers?
Being that the Gear Centre Group is ISO 9001:2015 Certified, you as our customer can be assured that we stand behind our products and services 100%. All of our products and services are of the finest quality that meet and exceed the highest level of international standards. The Gear Centre Group will maintain and improve on its ISO 9001:2015 Certification on all our products and services. That is our commitment to you, our customer.